Thursday, November 8, 2007

Yoga & Multi-tasking

Yoga is much more than asanas (poses); it is a way of life. I continue to learn as my experience grows. One point I am gaining clarity on is how the western way of multi-tasking, this quality so many of us pride ourselves on (guilty) is so far out of line with the teachings of yoga. How many times have you checked your email while eating, talked on the phone while making dinner, blogged, IM'd and text all at once (ha! gotcha!)? I am so accustomed to multi-tasking, I do it in my sleep! Sure, we all look to our sessions for that moment of stress relief, but what about the other 23 hours? Our challenge is this; when you eat, eat, when you work, work, when you love, love. And when you practice yoga, be fully present in the moment and practice. Good vibes to all of you on your journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home