Thursday, November 1, 2007

Show me the money!

An article I recently read really hit home. It discussed the fact that most yoga instructors are broke (I can attest to that!) and have to hold down "real jobs" to pay the bills in order do what they truly love, teach yoga. If you ask them, according to the article, most will say money is not important (obviously they didn't ask me). The discussion circled around if we are honoring the yamas and niyamas if we focus on making money through teaching. Can we be spiritual and still make money? A point was made that some of the most successful yoga instructors of our time our also quite wealthy because of their teaching. Here's my two cents (ha!); we should all be able to make a comfortable living by following our passion, be it teaching yoga or building houses. Spirituality comes from within; being able to pay my bills on time is not going to change the essence of who I am.

I wish you all huge success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home