Saturday, October 13, 2007

Plank position...its a love/hate relationship

Anyone who's been in plank knows what I'm talking about...you're holding your body up with your arms, on the tips of your toes...its almost military! But, it is a wonderful pose. All of your muscles are engaged and if there is any area of weakness it will show up here. The more you do it, the more you'll love it. Here's the key...BREATHE! I've been told one day I'll be able to hold plank effortlessly for any length of time. I'm working on it!

2 Comments:

At October 14, 2007 at 1:34 AM , Blogger Morthax said...

Too true. Every time I've tried to do the plank, I have to bail out: my right wrist is not flexible enough after three years and change using a knife in slaughterhouses.

Good site by the way. Keep it up.

-M
http://myrtow.blogspot.com

 
At October 15, 2007 at 11:14 AM , Blogger kimberlyyogini said...

M,

Thank you for your comments...much appreciated.

There are ways to increase flexibility in the wrists, but in the meantime, try pressing through the ball mounts of your index fingers when you are in plank. This should releave some pressure. Keep up your practice! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home