Thursday, January 10, 2008

1440

There are 1,440 minutes in a day. Out of those, how many do you spend in peace? By peace I mean no TV, no radio, no books, no speaking (and sleeping doesn't count!). Try this; find a comfortable place in your home, light a candle or incense. Sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes and take 5 minutes for yourself. Just breathe, softly, gently. Pay attention to your breath...don't fight it, don't guide it, just let it flow.

You can set a timer if this is a challenge for you. Your body, mind and spirit deserve this break. Out of 1,440 minutes, we can all find 5 to give ourselves. Who knows, over time, you may find you no longer require a timer!


Shanti

4 Comments:

At January 16, 2008 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the 5 minute method is a great idea! I am going to tell everyone I know about it because it is just soo true!
Thanks!
- Is there really 1,440 minutes in a day?

 
At January 17, 2008 at 10:17 AM , Blogger kimberlyyogini said...

Let's see...24hrs/day, 60min/hr...yep, 1,440 minutes. I am pleased you are going to partake of this exercise and pass it on to your friends. Thank you for your feedback. Shanti, Kimberly

 
At January 24, 2008 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Morthax said...

This was the first form of meditation I was introduced to and I still use it to this day.

...As soon as I put my son to bed, that is. Peace and babies don't go together.

 
At January 24, 2008 at 11:02 AM , Blogger kimberlyyogini said...

You are so right! Babies do dictate your time. I had to laugh when I saw your comment morthax...I remember those days. I resorted to singing a song of my own creation to help my child go to sleep & keep me feeling peaceful. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home